NaBloPoMo starts on Saturday. I looked at the prompts on Blogher and none of them really interested me very much. I wish they had alternative prompts. I never have really finished one of these. I've tried a few years.
Speaking of not finishing, I had planned on reposting blogs about breast cancer this month, and even though I found a couple that I felt were really good, most of them came off as waa waa, I hate pinktober. I found it pretty amazing that so many people living with or beyond breast cancer feel so disenfranchised with pink. There are a lot of reasons for that. For me it's the total commercialization of the month. It's seems like a pink nightmare before Christmas. I'll put on a pink tee shirt and a pink tutu to raise funds, but I really don't want to walk around in a pink hoodie carrying a pink travel mug all year (or even all month) long. I've heard others claim that all that money isn't really going toward research, and that there is no research for better treatments for stage 4. I have heard people even claim that nobody is really getting free mammograms. A quick web search pretty much refutes all that. Research is being funded. Women are given mammograms and services are being provided for survivors. Still, I am kind of glad when the frenzy is over every year.
Happy Halloween!

I am really pleased to hear tht you won one of those packages. Have a heap of fun.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Glad to see you here.
Delete