Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Check Up
I saw Dr. R yesterday. I think that to avoid confusion I'm going to start naming them what I see them for, so I saw Dr. General yesterday. He wanted to check my electrolytes again. If they are still unbalanced, he wants me to go off the omeprazole and try something else. Of course I had to Google what else there was. Besides over the counter stuff, everything else does the same thing as omeprazole. Besides, I don't think that omeprazole is the whole problem. I have hyperaldosteronism. That has been confirmed by 3 doctors so far. I have to take something to keep from having a low potassium level. So I take spironolactone. It works, but it works a bit too well. I have normal potassium levels, but then my kidneys don't filter enough sodium and magnesium. Then I have low sodium and magnesium levels. I've been on the seesaw for years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have some of the same issues.. Amazing what happens when we begin tinkering with the delicate balance of the body.
ReplyDelete