Sunday, November 2, 2014

Speak of the Devil

I should know better than to throw stones when I live in a glass house. I really wasn't feeling all that well yesterday, and I wasn't too hungry. I didn't eat so much. Feeling worn out, I went to bed early even though I wanted to stay up and chat with the breastcancer.org sisters. Not even thinking about the extra hour of sleep we get in the time change, I didn't think ill of going to bed with a blood sugar level in the 80's. I woke up this morning in a heavy sweat. I rarely feel it when I go low and when I'm that low it doesn't occur to me that I should do something about it. For some reason this one was different. It may be that seeing my friend that low on Friday shook some sense in me. I immediately drank a juice box and ate a Kind bar. I didn't even test first. Then for some reason I went and took a shower.That's a bit of a weird response for me. I usually hang out around my meter to see if it's going up like it should. It was, when I tested after the shower I was at 76. I don't know how low I was, but it must have been really low. I will not be letting myself go to sleep when I'm in the 80's again. I've got to quit being so lazy with this diabetes thing.

1 comment:

  1. Eternal vigilance can be very, very tiring. Good luck with doing better into the future.

    ReplyDelete