Saturday, November 8, 2014

In the Mountains


I've spent the weekend with my friends at my church's women's retreat in the North Georgia Mountains. It has been a great weekend and just what I needed to relax. This is obviously not where we stayed. It was in front of an Antique store that we visited. When I saw it, I just had to get a picture of it.

While we were in the store Darlene said that either antiques are getting newer or we are getting older. Yes, I can agree with that. I found this cookie jar and this nut cracker at the antique store. Both items were in my grandparents' house. I posted them on Facebook and all of my cousins are going wild with them. I think I'm starting to get a penchant for old things...

2 comments:

  1. What a glorious place, and I am very glad you had such a good weekend.
    And yes, the antiques are getting much, much younger. Every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with you to get a picture of it. that is cool picture for sure. This picture shows an old wooden house surrounded by colorful autumn trees. The leaves are yellow, orange, and red, showing the beauty of fall. A quiet road passes in front of the house. The peaceful countryside and bright colors make the scene warm, calm, and full of natural beauty. its great shoot

    ReplyDelete