Sunday, May 25, 2014

Beginning

This is the beginning of a new blog. I'm not sure that it is one that I'm going to share. Soon it will just be Mollie and me here in Atlanta. Cheryl will still be here, but I won't see her. I'm sure that I won't hear from her unless she wants to share some kind of tragic news with me. I don't hear from Brenda. I rarely hear from Karen. I will try to keep in touch with Ken. But he will be going to Seattle in a few weeks. At least I know that he will be open to communications. Michael only communicates when he wants too. James communicates through Alexis. Mollie hides when thing are bad, but we are all that we have here in Atlanta. It's weird. We used to all be here and now nearly none of us are. I have family that will still see me. But there isn't a cohesive family anymore. I think that started falling apart when my father died. I fear that I will die alone, but I almost prefer it that way. I am peaceful where I am. I think that soon I will have to retire, but that is no longer a burden to me. It almost seems desirable.

Today was hard. I had to push Ken to make reasonable plans. He is very depressed. The sad thing is that if things had been in this state I would have never walked out on them. Cheryl is receiving a check and supporting herself. Ken is working. Doug fixed the house up to a livable abode. But I had to walk out on all of them to accomplish this. I feel so much guilt, but they should be who feels guilty. If they had done this all along, I wouldn't have had to make the decisions that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment